Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Visual Media

            The 3 videos show that visual media shows mans idea of perfection. This perfection causes us to bilieve we aren't what we should be. Having watched the 3 videos, I do agree on what they are saying. The visual messages that advertisements send us do make us believe that we are imperfect to a point and makes a lot of us strive to become "Mans Perfect Model".
            I am aware that visual media is edited most of the time causing most models to look 30-60% better that really do. Because of this we try to look like those fake models and sometimes it backfires on us. I do agree that visual media fills our minds with fake images of what we should look like. And a lot of times we Go to far or continue to think that we are still "imperfect". I have noticed this before, before having this assignment and from what I see and saw back then I agree on what these videos are trying to portray.
            Only a few visual medias do not edit there pictures and create a false beauty. However due to the fact that over 60% of all visual media being cartoon or real uses "their" idea of perfection we all assume we are all not as good looking as we should be when a lot of times were fine the way we are.
             There is possibility that if one business were to stop editing their models so that they aren't as man made, their product would not sell as much. However I believe that if every company stopped editing their models, over time the products they sell would shift a bit and return to normal and maybe cause some of the potential viewer's to not stress about their looks. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Corey, therein lies the conundrum- everybody has to give it up or no one can. It's like teeth whitening- so many people are now doing it that 'regular' colored teeth look dingy. Do you think it's possible to deesclate this or will the media always keep pushing the envelope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that due to the enormous amount of people that use media today, at this point we might slow it down but will never really be able to stop it or keep at a level to our liking. Pretty much 90% of the civilizations on our planet have media posted, stapled or nailed to their walls. People have come to rely on media and now without it, a lot of us wouldn't know how to cope.

    ReplyDelete