Search This Blog
Monday, January 16, 2012
In our cities, there are many products being sold and lit up advertisements that light up the sky, But the way there selling is really interesting. One of the biggest ways to sell items, is by using sex. I'm talking about the male and female hormonal thoughts that strike our minds every day. Study shows that the average male mind thinks of sex or a sexual related thought at lest 19 times a day. Other studies show that the average women min will think about it much less, only 13 times a day. Being who we are, we will find a way to use this, so why not make a green M&M look sexy to sell candy. It is one of if not the biggest way we sell products today, - by using sexual situations. Many companies do it, one of the first to come to mind is Hooters which we all know isn't a owl restaurant. One add said that by not being tall girls won't notice you, buy this thing and then they will. The adds for GoDaddy - I have no idea what there selling, they never say. Their adds always have some sexy woman, but never do they once state what they sell or what they plan to achieve. This can effect people on an emotional block too. Those who are less social may become depressed by such add. Other types of adds do the same type of type of thing but in a different manor. Recently an ad for Sonic came up showing chilly cheese hot dog. I just ate and became hungry... these adds also make us buy stuff we don't normally buy ... I bought 5 gum instead of stride the other day because I saw their commercial.. Now I buy 5 gum regularly. In conclusion ... companies know our common wants, needs, and feelings and because of this, they can sell products based on an average persons wants and needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Corey, I have no idea what Go Daddy sells either? And why do sexy M & M's sell bags of candy? It's amazing how our minds let us be manipulated by our needs when those needs are exploited by marketing.
ReplyDelete